Sunday, July 29, 2012

My original plan for this blog was to keep both a written diary and a pictorial diary of our trip to Alaska via the Historical Alaskan Highway. Time, however was an issue. By the time we arrived at a motel and I downloaded the pictures from my camera, and then uploaded them to the blog I was ready to go to bed. There was also the issue of not always having wi-fi. My friend Cheryle asked me what my favorite part of the trip was. Hmmmm. Meeting my new grandson Daniel was of course the highlight, and leaving him was the worst part. I am excited for my son Brad, his wife Kelly and their son Daniel, because they live in the last frontier, and it is so beautiful there. They will surly experience many wonderful adventures. I love Kluane Lake in The Yukon Territory of Canada, it was beyond beautiful. Glacier National Park is absolutely awesome. Mountains always give me a feeling of gentle power flowing all around me. I could not take me eyes off of the inlet which joins to the Gulf of Alaska in Anchorage. The fields of yellow canola and purple flax all throughout Canada and North Dakota were amazing. What a wonderful world we live in. Would I do it again? I can’t wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment